let us first know what Rajma is?
RAJMA / RED KIDNEY BEANS is a famous South Asian veggie lover dish beginning from the Indian subcontinent, comprising of red kidney beans in a thick sauce with numerous Indian entire flavors and more often than presented with rice. Despite the fact that the kidney bean isn’t of South Asian starting point, it is a piece of normal eating routine in Northern India and Nepal. The dish created after the red kidney bean was conveyed to the Indian subcontinent from Mexico.
The blend of Rajma and rice, for the most part, records as a most loved dish of North Indians and Nepalis. It is set up with onion, garlic and numerous flavors in India, and it is one of the staple nourishment in Nepal. This dish is mainstream all over the Indian subcontinent.
red kidney beans are called Rajma in the Indian subcontinent.
To know more about the benefits CLICK HERE
In Indian subcontinent it is made in every look and corner, even restaurants serve this delicious dish, when guests come to your house you can cook this to make them happyyy.
children whenever go to nani or dadi’s house, always eagerly wait for RAJMA RICE.
As you all know that there is a famous saying in India – “Nani Ke Ghar Jayenge khoob malai khayenge, mote hokar ayenge”
So here’s our Finger licking recipe of RAJMA which I have learned from my NANI
This recipe will Serves 4 people
- kidney beans (rajma) (250 gms)
- Onions (2)
- Garlic (2 flakes) (optional)
- Ginger (1 inch)
- Tomatoes (3)
- Garam masala (½ tsp) (powder of mixed spices)
- Coriander powder (½ tsp)
- Red chili powder (½ tsp) (change acc to your taste)
- Turmeric powder (½ tsp)
- Oil (4tbsp)
- Salt (1 tsp) (because we have already put while boiling)
Steps for achieving perfect recipe-
- Boil kidney beans with little salt and add 5 glasses of water in a pressure cooker, remember not to soak rajma into the water.
- Grind all 3 of them in a mixer and Keep it aside
- Now grind tomatoes
- Take a pan, put oil
- Now add grinded onion, garlic and ginger paste in it
- Then fry it until golden brown
- Add salt, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and red chili powder (according to taste)
- stir for good 2 mins until brown
- Now add, grinded tomatoes in it
- Fry till oil gets separated
- after 30 mins close the flame, open the lid of pressure cooker and check whether beans are boiled
- add the above mixture to the cooker
- Check the water level, if you need more gravy add a little water
- Now close the lid
- Give 2 whistles
- After that keep it on sim (low) flame for 20 mins
You are ready with your finger licking Rajma and garnish with coriander leaves.
Now you can enjoy it with either rice or chapati according to your preference.
and you can even add pickle, salad, curd.
I'll share many useful recipes and hacks for ultimate cooking. Hope you liked my recipe. So please share because Sharing is Caring! Click To Tweet