Matar Paneer is originated from Indian subcontinent and is widely consumed by people all across the world. It is a popular recipe about which people are crazy.
In Indian subcontinent it is made in every look and corner, even restaurants serve this delicious dish, it is consumed by people in weddings, parties etc.
it is generally a blend of peas and paneer cubes in thick tomato onion sauce along with a different variety of spices.
it is often presented with either naan, chapati, poori or even rice.
it is an easy and quick recipe which is generally made in 30-40 mins.
numerous other ingredients are often added, such as potato, corn, yogurt or cream. Matar Paneer
All children in India are very fond of paneer/cottage cheese. and crazy when their grandmother’s cook for them. and I am in that list too!
I am sure you will love this recipe and it will be one of your favorites. so, start cooking for your family and make them happy!
Ingredients for matar paneer –
1- Paneer/ cottage cheese (10-11 pieces)
4-Tej Patta/ Bay leaf (1)
5-Coriander powder ( 3/4 tsp)
8-Kasuri methi/ dried fenugreek leaves
10-Red Chili powder
12-Boiled water (in case you want more gravy)
13- Fresh Cream
Steps for Onion Tomato Paste-
1.Chop onion (big size), green chili(finely chopped), ginger and garlic(finely chopped)
2.take a frying pan add chopped onions, ginger, garlic, and green chili
3.saute it for good 5 mins till it turns golden brown
4.now add tomatoes
6.now set aside to cool it
7.grind it to make a paste-like consistency
- add oil in the Kadai/utensil
- add all spices (cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaf)
- add powdered spices (chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder)
- add blended onion tomato paste (cook for at least 15-20 minutes on low flame so that rawness of tomato goes away)
- now add salt to it
- switch off the flame and after that add a little cream
- now finally add peas and paneer/cottage cheese cubes
- mix it well
- now add crushed kasuri methi with hands and some coriander leaves for taste
- simmer and cover it, cook for 10-15 mins
Your matar paneer is ready, now you can eat it will bread of your choice be it-chapati, naan, poori, rice.
It will go on with everything
I know now you are enjoying it with your family!
comment below your reviews
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE AND SHARE BECAUSE SHARING IS CARING!